Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dyeing for color

Ella Catherine started asking Matt and  if she could dye her hair about 2 months ago.  Of course, my immediate answer in my head was no, you are too young.  However, I wanted to investigate a bit why she wanted to dye her hair and clarify exactly what she wanted to do.  So, I asked her why she wanted to dye her hair.  Her answer she thought it would be fun.   I took a deep breathe and asked my next question.  "What color would you like to dye it"  Her answer, " Well a girl in my school has her hair blue and I think maybe I would like blue."  Inside I was panicking a little (not going to lie), but my response "Ella Catherine it is the school year and we are not going to dye your hair. Mommy thinks you are still just a little too young to start dyeing your hair."  She was disappointed but really didn't complain about it and didn't speak of it again until about 2 months later.  It was summer time and she asked again about dyeing her hair.  I told her go ask your daddy.  Thinking in my head there is no way he will go for this and then I've said no and he has said no case over.  She comes back and says "Daddy said I could do it."  My reply was "daddy was kidding."  Well come to find out daddy wasn't kidding.  His rationale was a little color will not hurt her. If we don't make a big deal out of it, then it won't become a big deal.  This is why we make a perfect match.  I'm a little to stuffy at times and he helps me loosen up and just have fun.  So, I called our hairdresser and spoke with her. She said we had a few options.  We could use actual dye or she could use hair chalk.  We opted for hair chalk.  He loosed me up a bit but not completely. :) 
Before

Adding the hair chalk

New summer hairdo plus a little pink hair chalk.  She was super excited and I think she is adorable!  Who knows maybe we will do this more often.

No comments: